The Five Ingredient Friday recipe this week is an easy Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles (aka Zucchini Noodles). I used my Spiral Slicer to make the Zoodles. It makes a large batch of noodles in seconds and it’s easy to clean afterwards. I used to use a julienne peeler, but it would take so much longer and I always ended up nicking myself. It was definitely worth it to invest in a Spiral Slicer.
Let’s face it…we’re all busy. Making good decisions in regards to our diets can often be clouded by the fact that our time is limited. Every Friday I will share with you a recipe or technique that uses 5 Ingredients or fewer. The idea is to show you recipes that are easy to prepare and versatile for all of us that don’t have time to whip up a complicated meal during the week.
The recipes will include 5 ingredients or fewer, but there are a few ingredients that are considered “free” ingredients that you probably use every day and are already in your kitchen. The “free” items are water, salt, black pepper, and cooking oil. These items may be used in recipes and won’t count toward the ingredient total. I will also include some optional items that would be great to add if you have them on hand but you don’t need to make a special trip to the store if you’re all out.
Ready to get started?
- 2 lbs large wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp grassfed butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 organic lemons
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into zucchini noodles [I use a Spiral Slicer
- Optional: Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Precook the zucchini noodles by lightly steaming them until almost tender.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet or medium high heat
- Add the garlic and stir into the butter.
- Add the shrimp and sear for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste
- Add the zucchini noodles and toss in the sauce.
- Yield: 4 servings
Net Carb Count*: 5.91 per serving (serves 4)
Total Carb Count: 8.38 per serving (serves 4)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber.
Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
This content will be shown after all post