Every year I like to celebrate Fourth of July with a fun red, white, and blue dessert. This year I wanted to keep it simple and I wanted it to be a no bake Fourth of July dessert. I’m definitely not turning on my oven in this heat! It’s a great way to enjoy the delicious flavors of the in season beautiful red raspberries and blueberries. The whipped cream (or coconut cream for Paleo) adds a touch of sweet creaminess to the dessert.
It’s also easy to make ahead of time and in individual servings to make it an easy to handle party dessert.
- 1 cup heavy cream (or 2 cups of coconut cream)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (or powdered Swerve for low carb)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- (Optional) 1 drop of Young Living Lemon or Orange essential oil (Get essential oils here)
- 1 pint of red raspberries
- 1 pin of blueberries
- Add the heavy cream* (make sure it is cold) to the bowl of a cold mixing bowl
- Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the sweetener, vanilla, and essential oil (if using) and mix to incorporate.
- Layer the raspberries in the bottom of 4 clear cups or glasses.
- Add a layer of the whipped cream or coconut cream.
- Finish with a layer of blueberries and top with additional whipped cream or coconut cream, if desired.
- *Also works for coconut cream, but won't need to be mixed as long.