Last week we had a few days of cooler weather to usher in the Fall season. To celebrate, I wanted to savor the flavors of Fall with some cranberry and orange. I ended up making some Cranberry Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies. For the month of October, one of the freebie essential oils is Orange (also Cinnamon Bark and Nutmeg) so I couldn’t wait to try the Orange Essential Oil in a cookie recipe. I love to use therapeutic grade essential oils as a low carb, all natural food flavoring. The unsweetened dried cranberries, give the cookies just a touch of tartness which pairs nicely with the chocolate chips.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or Swerve for low carb (get Swerve here)
- 8 Tbsp butter or ghee or coconut oil, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 10-15 drops Young Living Orange Essential Oil (Click here to learn how to get quality essential oils)
- 1 cup almond flour (get almond flour here)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (get coconut flour here)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips soy and dairy free for paleo or stevia sweetened for low carb
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (or apple juice sweetened cranberries for paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut sugar/sweetener and butter/ghee/coconut oil on medium speed.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and Orange essential oil and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix to incorporate.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the cranberries.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (makes about 24 cookies).
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post