Looking for a grain free instant oatmeal? My recipe for Instant Cinnamon “Oatmeal” is one of the most popular recipes on my site and for good reason…..it’s delicious! I ended up coming up with some other flavor combinations: 1) Raspberries and Cream “Oatmeal” which is in my ebook, Awaken (check it out here) and the recipe below for “Brown Sugar” N’oatmeal (Get it? No oats!). Back in my carb and grain eating days, oatmeal was always an easy breakfast when I was in a hurry so having a grain free instant “oatmeal” option is a really nice change of pace to my usual breakfast of meat and veggies. What I love about this recipe is that you can make the dry mix up ahead of time and just make servings as needed. I like to throw one serving of the dry mix into a mason jar and add some hot water when I get to work. What an easy breakfast! And the smell (and taste) transports me back to the days of eating a warm bowl of brown sugar oatmeal.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup golden flax meal
- 3/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp coconut sugar for paleo (or for low carb 6 Tbsp granular sweetener)
- 2/3 cup hot water
- (For low carb, 1/2 tsp of unsulphured blackstrap molasses)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- Combine the chia seed, golden flax meal, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, and coconut sugar (or granular sweetener) in an airtight container.
- To make 1 prepared serving, scoop out ½ cup of “oatmeal” mix in a serving bowl and keep the rest stored in the airtight container.
- Pour 2/3 cup of water over the “oatmeal” mixture and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the molasses (if using) and 2 Tbsp of coconut milk into the bowl and stir to combine.
Carb Count* for 1 serving:
3.2 g net carbs (plus the carbs for the sweetener used)
12.3 g total carbs (plus the carbs for the sweetener used)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Looking for more Egg Free Breakfast Recipes?
Check out my eBook Awaken
Click +1 Below:
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!