I have been using my Premium Starter Kit for months now and a few of the oils instantly became my favorites. Young Living Thieves Essential Oil is definitely a great everyday oil. I use Thieves Essential Oil whenever I feel a cold or sore throat coming on.
Everyday Essential Oils
I started with the Young Living premium starter kit because it was the best value and it would give me a chance to experience some of the most common essential oils. Along with the diffuser, the premium starter kit includes the basic ten everyday essential oils: Thieves, Joy, Valor, Purification, Lemon, PanAway, Frankincense, Peppermint, Peace & Calming and Lavender.
I have been using my Essential Oils Pocket Reference to learn all of the different ways to use the Everyday Essential Oils.
The Story of Thieves Essential Oil Blend
The Thieves Essential Oil Blend was created based on research about a group of 15th Century thieves who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid getting the plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. When apprehended, the thieves were forced to tell what was in their blend of herbs, spices, and oils that they used to protect themselves in exchange they would receive a lenient punishment. (Source)
Ways to Use Thieves Essential Oil
- Cold & Flu: I rub 1 drop on the bottom of my feet or diffuse Thieves in my Home Diffuser whenever I feel a cold coming on.
- Sore Throat: I gargle 1 drop of Thieves in a few ounces of water whenever my throat is sore.
- Disinfectant Spray: I mix 1/4 tsp of sea salt with 5 drops of Thieves in a 2 oz glass bottle then fill the rest with distilled water. I spray that in my mouth if I feel a sore throat coming on or to sanitize my hands.
- Oral Care: I add 1 drop of Thieves to my 1 Tbsp of coconut oil that use for oil pulling each morning. And at night I add 1 drop of Thieves to my all natural toothpaste.
- Mold: I mix 2-3 drops of Thieves with baking soda and water to create a cleaning scrub for the bathtub or in any area I need to clean to get rid of mold. If I can’t use my homemade cleaner, I will diffuse Thieves in my Home Diffuser that came in the Premium Starter Kit in the area with the mold.
- Fever Blisters: I apply 1 drop (or less) of Thieves with a little coconut oil to the fever blister at least 3 times a day until it disappears.
To learn more ways I use essential oils check out some of my other posts:
- 10 Essential Oil Uses for Travel
- Stop Watery Eyes and Itchy Skin
- Lavender Essential Oil Uses
- Lemon Essential Oil Uses
- 10 Ways to Use Peppermint Essential Oil
Click Here to Pin This Post!
Because I love Thieves Essential Oil so much I decided to giveaway a 5 mL bottle. The good news about essential oils is that a little goes a long way (1-2 drops per application) so the bottles can last quite a while. Due to the cost for me to ship the prize, the Young Living Thieves Essential Oil giveaway will be limited to U.S. residents only. Young Living does ship to certain countries outside of the United States so if you would like to try using essential oils consider becoming a distributor/wholesale member. Giveaway ends July 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM ET.
How To Enter
- Fill out the form below to subscribe to the Essential Oils with Karen from Holistically Engineered Newsletter.
- Join the community in the Holistically Engineered Essential Oils Facebook group. Click here to join!
- Unlock more entries by completing the Rafflecopter widget below!
*Not intended as medical advice. Always consult a doctor before changing diet, medications, etc.
Click +1 Below:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!