I’m always looking for easy dinner recipes and usually it consists of a piece of grilled or roasted meat with lots of veggies on the side. It’s easy, it’s tasty, and it works, but every once in awhile I like to have something different. The good news is that these Grain Free Chicken Tenders are still easy to make. I throw everything in a food processor to make the “bread crumbs” and I coat the chicken using some coconut flour, eggs, and finish it off with the “bread crumbs.” I love the taste of the macadamia nuts and it added some healthy fats to the otherwise low fat skinless, boneless skin. Also, the macadamia nuts adds a little bit of crunch to the chicken tenders and you can always adjust the seasoning using your favorites spices. It was such a great way to jazz up dinner!
Click Here to Pin It!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into tenders
- 1 oz. macadamia nuts (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (Get shredded coconut here)
- 3/4 tsp real salt (my macadamia nuts were unsalted--Get Real Salt here)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (Get coconut flour here)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a small food processor, add the macadamia nuts and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Add the shredded coconut, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Pulse until combine and spread the mixture onto a plate.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until scrambled.
- On another plate, add the coconut flour and season with salt, pepper, and garlic power (to taste)
- Coat the chicken tenders in the coconut flour mixture and shake off any excess.
- Dip the coated chicken tenders into the egg mixture and then coat the chicken in the macadamia nut mixture.
- Place the chicken tenders on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post