My friend Carol wrote this fabulous ebook called, Indulge. It has delicious grain free dessert recipes and one of my favorites is a flourless brownie recipe. I wanted to change it up a bit, by making it with carob powder (a chocolate substitute) and swirling in some almond butter. It was a delicious! I served it with some homemade vanilla ice cream (get the recipe here). What I also like about the recipe is that it makes a small amount (I think I got 8-10 brownies) so you don’t have a lot leftover.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup carob powder (or cocoa powder--get carob powder here)
- 1 cup of coconut palm sugar (get coconut sugar here--For lower carbs, I have tried it with Swerve at it worked pretty well also--get Swerve here)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (get coconut oil here)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp almond butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, mix the eggs, carob powder, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment paper lined 8 x 4 loaf pan.
- Swirl in the almond butter with a spoon into the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and the place in the fridge to cool completely.
This content will be shown after all post